CoRnDogg's Custom Lightsaber Blog!

Monday, July 18, 2005


This would be one of my custom lightsaber designs (click on image to enlarge). It's also one of the first I designed on paper and worked from there. Not too difficult, but not perfect either. It's made of the same stuff I make all my sabers out of... plumbing parts! i'm using a 1-1/2" kitchen sink tail piece for the larger portion, and 1-1/4" tail piece for the smaller. the angled parts are 1-1/4" poly washers which make the transition from one size to the other go very smoothly. They are also used (shaved down) uner the larger tube to hold it in place. I have yet to find a good chrome paint to stick on them to make the whole thing look metal, so I just use flat black for now. The colored portion is PVC pipe. 1-1/4" 160psi I believe. Fits right over the 1-1/2" tube (which mathmaticly doesn't make since to me) and can be secured with 1 or 2 rivets. A 1-1/8" chrome end cap is used on the end to close the tube. Gives a nice look and can be used to attach a D-ring if needed. The only thing missing from this saber is the belt clip (usually a cell phone clip) attached to one side. This will be added later. I have a rendering to put up for this saber that a member of the Dewback Wing forums was nice enough to do for me. I'll post that next.


15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home